Monday, October 30, 2006

That brings about a question.....

What do infants dream?

do they dream of womb and doctor?
do they dream of blood and muffled sound?
do they dream of fluid motion?
do they dream at all?
It has been said that the blind do not dream with images. The blind dream with sound and touch.
I am sure that the same could be said for a person with a lack of feeling; dreaming in sights and sound.
I am sure that the same could be said for one without hearing; dreaming in touch and sight.
I am sure that the same could be said for a person who cannot see color; dreaming in black and white and gray and sound and touch.
I do not taste in my dreams.
I do not dream of scent.
Although I have touch, I do not dream with it.
I perceive colors.
I perceive images.
I perceive sounds.
I want to dream like a newborn.
I want my mind to have nothing but itself.
I would like my imagination without reference.
I would like true reflection.


If a fetus would dream without senses, I would envy that dream.

1 comment:

Allister Reynolds said...

Thanks for the comment!
Nobody ever comments.